Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Smooth criminal;

With this hot weather in Pennsylvania, any idea that will keep me and the boyfriend cool and refreshed is welcomed with open arms. Luckily, we have a pool in the complex that we live in, and we have a/c. I also buy and make things that will help. Like this strawberry/banana smoothie. I love it in the mornings/late lunch with toasted bread and butter (I used 'Tastes like butter')

Here is my very easy recipe:

1 lb Strawberries (refrigerated or frozen)
1 Banana (refrigerated, frozen or room temperature)
1/2 table spoon of sugar (or to your liking)
1/2 cup of milk (you can use skim or whole or you can substitute it with yogurt)

You'll need a blender and a knife.





Slice the top of the strawberries. And cut them in half to make the blending easier. I bought 1 lb. and use the entire pack. 1 lbs gives you a serving for 2 so, 2 lbs would give you a serving for 4.



Peel and slice the banana.



Get the 1/2 cup of milk.



Get the 1/2 table spoon of sugar.



Pour everything into a blender.



Set on High and Blend. You might have to use a fork or spoon to push the fruit down in order for it to be blended. Remember to turn the blender off before doing so! I blend until I see that there are no whole pieces of fruit.



See, that's when I had to use the fork to push the fruit down.



Voila!

I put the glasses in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes (see my frosty glasses?), because I don't freeze the berries. If you froze them and the banana, then it would be cold right after blending. If you're Dominican, can you see my bottle of Brugal in the background? Haha. Should've mixed it in j/k?


You can go wild and add other berries and fruits. Let me know if you try it : )

2 comments:

gor(jess). said...

looks yummy. i make myself shakes every morning. mostly banana milkshakes..ahh now im craving lol.

oh man - brugal is a killer. haha

CompulsoryStyle said...

looks yummy!