Monday, October 4, 2010

Movie Review: The Social Network


This weekend I went and saw this movie with a friend. I really didn't know what to expect. The first few minutes kind of had me like okay, I don't know about this. Up until the end of the scene which in my opinion, set the tone for the rest of the film. If you're into action duh, this is not that type of film! It does have a lot of funny moments. I enjoy sarcasm and that "smart assy" (my word lol) type of funny, in films. It's really amazing how a small group of people can change the world and the way that we connect with one another. I said "group" because if something hadn't happened, then he wouldn't had came up with the idea. I found myself really annoyed with him at times, and then feeling pity for him as well. Him being Mark, the main character. This movie proves that people may be great "friends" when doing a project together, but, once money becomes involved, things can get messy and pretty ugly. I think the movie was pretty long. I don't think it dragged though. Some long movies are long because of uneccessary chit chat. Everything in the film needed to be there. The actors did their jobs well, and they physically resembled the person they were portraying. I recommend it. With that said.

I give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.
1 star: This was torture.
2 stars: Room for improvement.
3 stars: Pretty good!
4 stars: Wow!
5 stars: A must see!
* con mucho amor, c i n d y.

4 comments:

OB said...

good review! It didn't seem like my cup of tea but I may check it out once Netflex gets it lol

Anonymous said...

LOL I love your ratings!! haha but I also saw this over the weekend and wasn't expecting anything, and came out enjoying it. Idk, I believe I only really cared to watch it because the hubby JT was in it. Who was FINE as hell, btw. :D haha

Anonymous said...

i agree with Briana. i love your ratings too! isn't this the facebook movie?

I Am Poetry. said...

Ah, I was ging to g see this movie. Glad I didn't. I'll wait for one of my friends to cop it via Blockbuster/bootleg dvd. However they get it. Pero, una buena mira pelicula! =/