Monday, December 13, 2010

Movie Review: The Next Three Days

Release date: November 19, 2010 (USA)

This movie in my opinion, is a romance story. It's about never giving up on the ones that you love, having trust in them even when things are shouting at you to do other wise. It's about a man, John Brennan (played by Russell Crowe) who's wife Lara Brennan (Elizabeth Banks) is arrested and sentenced to 20 years in jail for the murder of her boss. When John finds himself with a broken family and is forced to face several years alone raising his son, and Lawyer and family telling him to move on, that she'd never come home, he decides to take things into his own hands. Does he succeed in getting his wife out? Do they stay out or get caught? Those are the questions that you'll have raising through your mind.

I enjoyed the film but, it took more than half of it for the action to begin.I wished that it would've been a mix of the two. I warn you, do not watch it expecting to see explosions and gun fights from the get go. There is a lot of dialouge building up to it. I wished that I would've waited until it was on demand. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it, but I think I went into it expecting too much?




I give it 2 stars
1 star: This was torture.
2 stars: Room for improvement.
3 stars: Pretty good!
4 stars: Wow!
5 stars: A must see!

* con mucho amor, c i n d y.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i figured! you know what movie is really funny that i saw last night?

Scott Pilgrim VS the world.