Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Decorations and Recuperation...

Christmas decorations 2011. Joe picked the snow man, I picked the fat snowball for our fatty guinea pig Abby, Joe picked the teddy bear for Rocky since he loves them (I found it in Rocky's mouth one day smh) and the Eiffel Tower is mine : ) So are the Uggs, theyre my Christmas present from Joe. I got him the Xbox 360 Kinect, and he got me Just Dance 3, and I got myself Dance Central 2, I think it's called.


I have been MIA with a good enough reason. I had my surgery! It was on 12/22/2011. We got there at around 5:40 am. I was accompanied by my mom,dad, and Joe (boyfriend). I changed into my gown, they tried to put my iv line in and failed (I have really bad veins). They took me back and I got in a bed in the waiting area, with a whole bunch of other people awaiting surgery. My family was able to join me (at last). We waited until 7:45am and we said our see you laters. I was trying so hard not to cry because my mother was already starting to do so. I told her "Mami, no llore" (mami don't cry) as I was being wheeled away by the anesthesiologist, and a nurse. They took me into the surgery room which was cold as ice. I saw my GYN and she held my hand as the anesthesiologist got my iv in, and put in the medicine. About 1 minute later, my other surgeon came in and said hello. I felt the effects of the drug and knocked out.

The first thing that I remember after waking up, is severe cramping, and complaining about it. I knocked out again, and woke up to the doctor by my side, telling me that due to my bleeding, I would need a blood transfusion. He spoke to me about the surgery and everything else. I was now in the recovery area, thirsty as hell, and with other patients. I would fall in and out of sleep, and nurses at my side ever so often. I really just wanted to be put in a room and reunite with my family. The surgery lasted an hour longer, so it totaled 5 hours. After two pints of blood, some water being given to me from a sponge (it felt as if I had not drank in days weeks even!) around 5 1/2 hours later, I was in a room, and my family was able to come in and see me.

They stayed for about an hour so. I was exhausted and wanted to sleep. My evening nurse was my favorite (Nikki) she was a sweetheart, and I am very thankful for her. That first night wasn't as bad, I had my button that I could press whenever I had pain, and it would give me pain relief. About 6 am the next day, I had to get up and walk around with the help of Nikki. It was the shortest, yet longest walk of my life. I had to get an incision on my bikini line, after the laparoscopic procedure failed due to my bleeding and the size of my fibroid (I found out today that it weighed 1 pound!) I would be in bed for most of my time at the hospital, now being able to get up (with help) to pee a little at a time. I refused to let my body decide that Id have to come home with a catheter. The rest of the time, I had to get up and walk. Joe was/and has been very patient, and helpful. You really fall in love all over again with someone when things like this happen.

I came home late afternoon of Christmas eve. Needless to say it was a sore, painful, uncomfortable, frustrating, yet thankful Christmas. You never hate coughing/sneezing/walking as much as you do after any abdominal procedure. It has been a very emotional, and long journey but here I am, on medical leave. I have 4 more weeks left. I am trying to relax as much as possible, and to just take it easy. I still can't lift anything over 10 lbs, so my poor baby Rocky breaks my heart when he begs, and cries for me to do so, but soon I'll be back to me. A new improved me haha. Happy New Year!!

* con mucho amor, c i n d y.


Darianne said...

Love those uggs!
When I had surgery on my shoulder, it was the worst pain ever. The first 48 hours I had a block, and after that, it was all bad. I cried for like a week. I couldnt sleep in my bed. It was horrible.

Get all the relaxation you need<3

love, keys said...

glad to hear that you're recovering so well mami. take all the time you need to become that new improved you! <3

ps, LOVE the Eiffel Tower decoration!

Ahlexandria said...

I'm so glad that everything is going well. Now things can only look up. The pictures came out way too cute. Happy holidays love!

Anonymous said...

adorable UGGS!
and I'm glad you got that thing out! I know the recuperation is hard but you'll make it :]
Thank God you're okay <3

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your surgery went well!! I hope you have a smooth recovery <3 and those christmas decorations are too adorable :)

Jenny said...

I'm happy to hear that your surgery went well and that you're on your way to recovery. I hope you have a very, very fast recovery! ♡

Hav T said...

I'm glad everything went well and I'm wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Anonymous said...

I have the exact same uggs, I wear them all the time, I'm sure you will too !
I hope you have a smooth and speedy recovery. Glad to know that the surgery went well. Take care ! <3